My 1952 MG TD Roadster

August 5, 2011

I started restoring the car seats using new wooden forms. I added aluminum screening for breathing holes and to prevent mice from making a future home inside the car seats:

 
 
 
 


Dismantling the back seat:

 
 


Fabricating the back seat by cutting a new piece of wood, adding the old spring frame and adding new horse hair padding:

 
 


Adding the leather seat cushion. This was the hardest part because the 50 year old spring was out of alignment and stretching the leather with my arthritic hands was very painful, but it looks like new and I'm happy with the out come:

 
 
 
 






Back to Top