My 1952 MG TD Roadster

June 2012

Finishing Rebuild

I rebuilt the doors using the original metal doors. Unfortunately, after I completed the doors, both the passenger and driver metal doors would not fit the new body openings. I assessed the problem and searched the internet for other doors. I found two doors from a guy in British Columbia, but they didn't fit either. It would have cost a lot to refabricate the doors, so instead, I made new wooden/fiberglass doors that will be much stronger than the metal doors. I built them from scratch using solid oak wood. I made a paper pattern and fabricated each door to the patterns.

The following images are of the wooden door rebuilds:

 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

The following images are of the interior rebuild:

 
  
 
 






Back to Top